Saturday, January 14, 2012

Peace

This morning I learned something as I was soothing Titus back to sleep. You see, every time Titus is tired or fussy, I can see the anxiety and turmoil building up in him, I always lay my hand down on his chest or face, and he immediately calms down and falls back asleep. I always find this amazing that the simple pressure of my hand calms his every nerve.
It hit me this morning that this is so much like the presence of God in our lives. I remember when I was a little (and grown) girl and I was crying and upset about something, I would ask God to just wrap his arms around me and hold me. This would always give me peace, knowing that God was holding on to me. So this morning when I laid my hand down on Titus, I realized it was just like God, reaching his hand down into our lives and just his presence can take away all fears, all anxiety, all pressure, everything...if we let him.
Let God be your relief, put all your fears and troubles to him and have peace in him and his love for you.

For Pam, Sean & Ryan Kelly

1 comment:

  1. ..i love you a lot..thank you... i've cried again

    ReplyDelete