Friday, January 6, 2012

2 am

Last night I was exhausted, sore (from stupid Jillian Micheals) and ready for bed. If your a parent, you know that relieving feeling when both kids are bathed, fed and asleep..its the most wonderful feeling in the world. It's your "ahhh" moment of the night. So I'm laying in bed, everyone is fast asleep, and I know this because the biggest Anderson was snoring on one side of me, and the smallest Anderson was snoring in his cradle on the other. It's 2 am, and I just can't get Jude out of my mind. He is at a very crucial, impressionable, amazing stage right now in life, and I can't shake this feeling that I'm going to screw it up. I don't know why he throws his fits, I don't know how to make them stop, I don't know how to get him to eat dinner, I don't know how to teach him to sit still, and I certainly don't know how to get him to stop yelling NO at everyone. There's so much I don't know, but one thing I did know at 2 am last night was that I wanted him, asleep, curled up right beside me. So I went upstairs, pulled him out of his crib, carried him to my bed, and fell fast asleep with him in my arms. My three Anderson boys ALL snoring, all around me. Sometimes you just got to go against the rules, and do what feels right. And last night, having Jude right beside is what I needed. He is getting too big, too fast.
Love you, Jude angel.
(Jude at 2 weeks old)

2 comments:

  1. I totally know what you mean about not knowing what to do sometimes. I don't know how to stop the fits either and every night at dinner we go through a cycle with Madalee not wanting to eat, throwing food and throwing a fit. It's hard and exhausting sometimes trying to figure out the right way to help them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww precious picture!

    Luckily G and I are on the same page that while it's great for Dylan to sleep in her crib sometimes, we don't mind the nights she wants to be cuddled up with us. It certainly won't last as long as we'd like.

    ReplyDelete