Monday, January 16, 2012

(5 minute) DIY of the week...flower power

I've decided that I am going to be doing a small, inexpensive DIY project every week, and a larger scale DIY project every month. (And by larger scale, that mostly means Sam will be doing majority of the work). This week I decided on a paper flower craft for our cubby hole vase. I found the craft on Pinterest and the tutorial, here.
These flowers literally only took me about 5 minutes to make, and it took this vase from looking semi outdated, to super cute. If you have any sticks in your decor, this would be a good project to freshen them up a bit.
All you need is:
Some sort of vase, mason jar, jug, bucket, etc.
Red paper (construction would work, but I used red card stock)

Decorative sticks (I wish I could tell you I was thrifty and found mine outside in our backyard, but I didn't, I got mine at Michael's for 3 bucks with a coupon)
Pencil
Scissors
Glue or tape is optional

Again, the full tutorial is HERE...she explains it in more detail than I'm sure I could, so just check it out there.

But here is her finished product and mine. Not bad, not bad at all.
Please excuse my poor photography skills, crafts always look better on expensive cameras, in which mine is not :)
         
Happy DIY!





No comments:

Post a Comment