Friday, March 16, 2012

Ninja Mom

I realized this morning around 6 am when I am crawling out of Titus' room, that we will do just about anything for our children. I was feeding Titus this morning, a bottle he usually does not have, praying to God that it was going to send him back to sleep. Now, Titus is the kind of baby who, when you get out of his eyesight..it's over..he is wailing. Well this morning, he happened to break eye sight for 2 seconds after laying him back in his crib and being the ninja that I am, I immediately dropped to the floor below his crib and crouched there until I knew he wasn't going to cry. Slowly I began the super stealth army crawl out of his room. Two thoughts mid-room: First was, I wonder if Sam is watching all this through the video baby monitor, second thought was, wow all the things we will do as parents. This doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of 'weird things I've done that should never be done in public for my kids' list. Kind of makes me wish I knew all the crazy things my mom and dad did for me.
Ps- Dear 16 yr. old Titus, I hope you read this and remember my crazy antics (love) for you when your embarrassed of me screaming at your basketball game or taking to many pictures at prom. It could be worse, I could army crawl in front of your friends :)

1 comment:

  1. I've done this same exact thing!!! I used to hang a blanket on the side and end of the crib so Xandra wouldn't see me. I would rock her to sleep, lay her down and drop to the ground and crawl out of her room!!! If she ever saw me I was in big trouble and it was all over. I also used to get an occasional treat from my hubby, like chocolate or something, and I would hide in the closet to eat it haha! But funniest is to this day, I am quite when I hear one of them coming - hoping they wont hear me around. STEAlTHY!!

    ReplyDelete