Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I just wanna brag on some awesome people.

 Being a pastors wife, there are so many opportunities to be blessed by people who want to do something nice for you, give you something, cook for you, etc. Often though, there are less times when we actually witness people being as giving and selfless to the ones around us.
Sunday was not that day. 

I was so overwhelmed with love and appreciation on Sunday as I stare at the mountain of gifts (and food) piled on our social hall stage. 

These gifts weren't for me, they weren't for anyone in our church, they weren't even for anyone in our community. There were for a couple in need, who just had a baby. Our church was there to fill that need. No one knew them, no one had ever met them, they aren't even from this area. But we found out they needed help, and that's all that mattered. 

The people in our church never seize to amaze me. As I stare at the stage I see a car seat/stroller combo brand new in box, I see a baby swing, I see a beautiful sleigh crib and changing table, I see baskets FULL of washes and toys, multiple pack n' plays, a high chair, clothes and endless bags full of gifts. Tables FULL of food, volunteers making sure we have everything we need. All of these things for a couple in need, whom we do not know. Isn't that what its all about? Being the hands and feet of Jesus with no gain in return. We do a lot of things around here that get recognition, egg hunts, dinners, date nights, kids events, etc. But the things that impact people the most are the things done out of pure love, and pure motives, things that have minimal rewards.

On Sunday, I didn't know which made me happier...a beautiful couple getting so blessed, or being part of a church that gives so selflessly. 

We love you Central Church


3 comments: